[Rarebooks] Curious Binding

Garry R Austin austbook at sover.net
Mon Jul 4 15:04:59 EDT 2016

I have been spending the last two days cataloguing Theodore Roosevelt
ephemera, much of it from the collection of my late dear friend &
colleague Peter Scanlan. There are numerous prospectuses for editions of
TR sets etc. Many in the trade are familiar with that six volume set of
TR's "The Winning Of The West" published by the Current Literature
Company; duodecimo vols in khaki cloth with leather spines that are
rarely found in really nice condition.

In the "you are never too old to learn department", I submit this from
the Sales Lit.... "in an edition de luxe, bound in khaki and ooze
leather, the color and texture of buckskin".

"Ooze Leather" ........

I checked Carter's "ABC" not listed
--
Sent from Postbox