[Rarebooks] Thank You Sold F/S Two Vintage Wellesley College Ephemeral Pieces

Garry R Austin austbook at sover.net
Sat Jul 23 14:51:19 EDT 2016

Thank You these has been Sold

We offer for your consideration net to all and postpaid @ $75.00 the
following;
From
Austin's Antiquarian Books
PO Box 730
Wilmington, Vt. 05363
mail at austinsbooks.com
802 464-8438

Wellesley College). Epistolae, Wellesley College, Class of 1891.
(Rochester: Swinburne & Co.), 1893. Unrecorded; Only Edition. Oblong
48mo, 4" x 6'; title and fifty-seven, (57) leaves printed on rectos
only; Ribbon tied cream printed paper wrappers lettered in silver; Very
good. Wraps.

On each page a member of the Class of 1891 writes a message to their
fellow alumni regarding what they are doing, where they are etc. Some
are quite interesting as this from Gay Fanning, who is now a Ph. D.
candidate at Cornell; "Another young woman & I have rooms in one of the
little boarding houses that skirt the campus. ...We are the only lodgers
in the house, but there are forty-eight table boarders, all men. One
must get used to that at Cornell, as I discovered when I found myself
the only woman in a class with ten men."

(View Book) Wellesley College. (Brooklyn:: (Brooklyn: The Albertype
Company & Wellesley College, c1920). Oblong quarto, 10.25" x 13'; Ribbon
tied printed paper brown wrappers with a view tipped on; wrappers are
stained toned, else very good, interior views near fine. Wraps.
twenty-seven leaves with tipped on sepia photogravure views with titles
below, including, The President's House, Tower Court, College Hall, The
Whitin Observatory, Houghton Chapel, The Library and others; Albertype
View Book.

--
Sent from Postbox