[Rarebooks] FS: Herbert Hoover AN AMERICAN EPIC with 3 of the 4 volumes SIGNED by Hoover, price reduced

Charles Agvent charles at charlesagvent.com
Tue Nov 8 15:53:11 EST 2016

Price reduced to $1500 NET

HOOVER, Herbert. AN AMERICAN EPIC. Four Volume Set, with the first 3
volumes SIGNED. Chicago: Henry Regnery Company, 1959-60-61-64. First
Edition. All First Printings. Volume I: INTRODUCTION & THE RELIEF OF
BELGIUM AND NORTHERN FRANCE 1914-1930 (INSCRIBED and SIGNED). Volume II:
FAMINE IN THE FORTY-FIVE NATIONS & ORGANIZATION BEHIND THE FRONT
1914-1923 (INSCRIBED and SIGNED). Volume III: FAMINE IN FORTY-FIVE
NATIONS & THE BATTLE ON THE FRONT LINES 1914-1923 (INSCRIBED and
SIGNED). Volume IV: INTRODUCTION, THE GUNS CEASE KILLING AND THE SAVING
OF LIFE FROM FAMINE BEGINS 1939-1963 (Hoover's business card in the
book, no signature. Hoover died in 1964, the year this volume was
published and likely no signed copies exist.). Each of the first three
volumes is INSCRIBED by Hoover "to my good friend Irene Kuhn." Also
includes an unsigned note in an unknown hand to which a news story is
attached regarding the death of Hoover's assistant Thomas Gregory in a
car crash in 1933 and a broadside of Hoover's speech at the dedication
of the Herbert Hoover Memorial Library on 1962 on his 88th birthday.
Offsetting from paperclip slightly affecting one inscription. Close to
Fine in Very Good dustwrappers and quite uncommon to find signed as a
complete set.

An account of President Herbert Hoover's relief and rehabilitation work
during and just after the first World War 1914 - 1930, and his role
again during and after the Second World War 1939 -1960. (#016788)
$2,500.00

http://www.charlesagvent.com/shop/agvent/016788.html

--
All books subject to prior sale. Cash with order; institutions may be
billed. Postage additional: $20.00. Overseas postage billed at

info at charlesagvent.com