[Rarebooks] F/S A Teddy Bear Movable 1907

Garry R Austin austbook at sover.net
Wed Nov 16 15:44:58 EST 2016

We offer for your consideration the following, net to all & postpaid
@$225.00.

From
Austin's Antiquarian Books
PO Box 730
Wilmington, Vt. 05363
mail at austinsbooks.com
802 464-8438

Garman, K. E. Moving Picture Teddies (A Flip-Book). Chicago: Ideal Book
Builders, 1907.
First Edition; Narrow quarto, 11' x 6"; Original pictorial wraps;
wrappers detached but present, two of the movable tabs detached but
present else very good, all pieces present;
"Moving Picture Teddies. The movable picture combinations show 120
different pictures giving the Teddies children's heads and get or
changing the children into Teddy Bears. A Jolly Romp with no end of
Fun". "Children's Favorite Series No. 1". The Panoramas are as follows;
My Fuzzy-Wuzzy Teddy Bear; See-Saw; Roller Skaters; The Ted's Tea Party;
Chasing Butterflies; Young Artists; Tobogganing; At The Seaside;
Sliding; Soap Bubbles; Playing Golf; Canoeing; Baseball;
Accompanied by the Merrimack Publishing facsimile reprint as a nice
reference piece.
There appear to be no OCLC locations for the original edition, only the
facsimile reprint. We have chosen not to "repair" this piece, though it
would seem a simple process. We will let the next owner decide whether
or not to have it restored.
--
Sent from Postbox