[Rarebooks] FS: First 12 issues of "The Craftsman" 1901-1902, edited by Gustave Stickley

Kenneth Karmiole kkarmiole at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 23 11:41:07 EDT 2017

Stickley, Gustave (ed.). THE CRAFTSMAN. Published on the First Day of Each Month... Eastwood, NY: United Crafts. 1901-1902. 2 volumes, containing 12 issues. Vol. I, No. 1, October 1901 thru Vol. II, No. 6, September 1902. Issues of Vol. I are individually paginated (each approx. 52 pages); Vol. II is paginated continuously with 310pp. Both volumes profusely illustrated with photographs. Bound in brick cloth, lightly soiled, paper spine labels (Vol. I's label mostly lacking). With all of the original wrappers bound in. Lower corner of wrapper of Vol. I, No. 1, clipped.                  $300.00 (trade discount allowed)
The editor, Gustave Stickley was a key figure in the American Craftsman Movement.  With articles on William Morris, Cobden-Sanderson, the Doves bindery, etc.

Kenneth Karmiole, Bookseller, Inc.
1239A Third Street Promenade
Santa Monica, CA 90401
310-451-4342