[Rarebooks] FS: 1935 Ltd. Ed. American Colonial Silver of Jeremiah Dummer

Joslin Hall Rare Books office at joslinhall.com
Thu Dec 28 07:54:38 EST 2017

“Jeremiah Dummer, Colonial Craftsman & Merchant, 1645-1718” by Hermann
F. Clarke & Henry W. Foote. Published in Boston by Houghton Mifflin in
1935. Limited to 225 copies.

The second volume in what was eventually a series of four volumes on
17th century American silversmiths. Dummer was one of the earliest
New-England born silversmiths, and apprenticed with John Hull. Clarke
was able to locate and describe 108 pieces of Dummer's work, and also
discusses Dummer's engraving of a plate for Connecticut currency in
1709. Henry Foote contributed the chapters concerning Dummer's possible
work as a portrait painter. The list of 153 subscribers to the book also
makes interesting reading, giving a quick look at who was interested in
the subject of Colonial silver in 1935. The usual museums, libraries and
leading collectors are all there, as well as Edsel Ford, and Boston
silversmiths George Gebelein and Arthur Stone.

Hardcover. 8"x10", 209 pages, plus 24 black & white plates. Slipcased.
Minor wear, but otherwise clean and nice, with a tight binding. $250

Pictures ->
<https://www.joslinhall.com/images387/th-39147-cover.jpg>
<https://www.joslinhall.com/images387/th-39147-cover2.jpg>
<https://www.joslinhall.com/images387/th-39147-page1.jpg>
<https://www.joslinhall.com/images387/th-39147-page2.jpg>
<https://www.joslinhall.com/images387/th-39147-page3.jpg>
<https://www.joslinhall.com/images387/th-39147-page4.jpg>
<https://www.joslinhall.com/images387/th-39147-page5.jpg>
<https://www.joslinhall.com/images387/th-39147-page6.jpg>

sign up for our email list->
http://www.joslinhall.com/newslist.htm

- -

Website
http://www.joslinhall.com

Our email list
http://www.joslinhall.com/newslist.htm

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/joslinhallbooks

Twitter
https://twitter.com/joslinhall

  ~ ~ ~

TERMS:
All payments must be in U.S. funds and negotiable through a U.S. bank;
We accept checks, money orders, American Express, Visa and Mastercard.
Books may be reserved pending payment; Institutions may be billed;
Standard courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are
$5.00 for the first book, and $2.00 for each additional book. Shipments
outside the U.S. will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we are
notified within ten days of your receipt of the books-please ask for
full instructions and terms. Massachusetts residents must add 6.25%
state sales tax.