[Rarebooks] FS: 1st ed. of Domenech's "Seven Years'... in the Great Desert of North America." 2 vols. London: 1860. w/color map & 58 lithos.

Kenneth Karmiole kkarmiole at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 19 19:19:23 EST 2017

(AMERICANA) Domenech, Emmanuel H. D.   SEVEN YEARS' RESIDENCE IN THE GREAT DESERT OF NORTH AMERICA. Illustrated with Forty-Eight Woodcuts by A. Joliet, Three Plates of Ancient Indian Music, and a Map Showing the Actual Situation of the Indian Tribes and The Country Described by the Author. In Two Volumes. London: Longman, Green, Longman, and Roberts. 1860. First edition. 2 vols. xxiv,445,(3);xii,465,(3)pp. Including a leaf of ads at end of each volume, and a 6-page list of the "Indian Tribes of North America" in Vol. I. Illustrated with a large color folding map in Vol. I, and 58 colored lithograph plates, each with a tissue guard. Orig. blind stamped brown cloth, gilt spines. Lower portion of front cover of Vol. I with an old water stain, and minor fraying at foot of spine, otherwise a very nice, bright set.     $500.00 (trade discount allowed)
Wagner-Camp 365A. Howes: The Final Edition D420. Sabin 20554, "Mostly a compilation from the 'Reports of the Surveys for the Pacific Railroad,' some of the plates in that work being here reproduced."

Kenneth Karmiole, Bookseller, Inc.
1239A Third Street Promenade
Santa Monica, CA 90401
310-451-4342