[Rarebooks] FS: Bruce Rogers' Camp Steele Alphabet

Bob Petrilla petrillabooks at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 08:07:21 EDT 2017

Rogers, Bruce.  THE CAMP STEELE ALPHABET: Printed for The Portfolio Club by
Bruce Rogers.  New York: Marchbanks Press, 1952.  Limited Edition.  pp:
(i), 8, colophon.  Bruce Rogers explains, in part: "About sixty years ago a
little party of Indianapolitans was camping near Crawfordsville, at the
Shades of Death, which has since been made into Turkey Run State Park....I
have reconstructed the Alphabet which we wrote at the time.... based on
James Whitcomb Riley's 'Alphabet'....Most of the stanzas were written by
Charles Moores and myself....I have now printed it for members of the
Portfolio and their friends...."  Bound in printed green wrappers.  8.5" x
5".  Fine condition.
One of 250 copies printed in October, 1952.  Inked on the front
free-endpaper: "Compliments of B.R."   $45.00

Postpaid in US.  Usual trade terms.

    *  R & A  Petrilla*

*          Antiquarian Booksellers                     PO Box 306
   Roosevelt, NJ 08555*

*           bob at petrillabooks.com <%28609%29%20426-4999>**        Member:
 ABAA, ILAB, IOBA*

*​ *