[Rarebooks] FS: Books Arts from the Private Collection of Pall Bohne of the Bookhaven Press

info at johnhowellforbooks.com info at johnhowellforbooks.com
Tue Jul 11 12:03:51 EDT 2017

Dear Friends and Colleagues:

Today's offering is a list of 64 items from the private collection of
Pall Bohne, who ran the Bookhaven Press from the 1960s to the 1990s in
various locations in the greater Los Angeles area. The list contains a
few remarks from me regarding Pall's life and times. Pall's interests
were varied, but most of the material offered here relates to his
interests in typography, wood engraving, and the book arts in general,
with excellent examples of the work of other private presses. The list
includes 2 archives: the first relates to Grant Dahlstrom of the Castle
Press in Pasadena California, and the second contains material from
Emerson G. Wulling of the Sumac Press of La Crosse, Wisconsin. The list
includes a couple of outlying items relating to Pall's interest in other
traditional crafts, such as beekeeping and blacksmithing.

All spelling errors are attributable to spell-check and a lack of
proof-reading on my part.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if there is anything
here you would like to have. Enjoy!

The list can be viewed here:

http://www.johnhowellforbooks.com/home//pall%20bohne%20mc.pdf

TERMS OF SALE: Offered subject to prior sale. California residents add
9% sales tax. Institutions may be billed. Payments accepted include:
check, credit card, and Paypal. Shipping and insurance charged at cost.
Can ship Media Mail or Priority Mail insured within the US. Call or
email to reserve, payment with order unless we have made other
arrangements.

Sincerely,

John Howell

www.johnhowellforbooks.com