[Rarebooks] FS: Christina Rossetti "A Pageant..." w/Manuscript Poem: involves 3 Rossettis

Allington allingtonbooks at gmail.com
Fri May 26 08:10:44 EDT 2017

FS subject to the below terms:

AN EXCEEDINGLY SCARCE copy of the first edition, first printing of A PAGEANT AND OTHER POEMS by CHRISTINA ROSSETTI in the Publisher's original cloth, with a MANUSCRIPT POEM ("Bird Raptures") WRITTEN ENTIRELY IN CHRISTINA ROSSETT'S HAND and SIGNED BY HER tipped-in. The Volume has been INSCRIBED BY ROSSETTI'S BROTHER -- ENGLISH WRITER AND CRITIC WILLIAM MICHAEL ROSSETTI -- (signing with his initials) to Mary Ellen Waller, such INSCRIPTION DATED BY WILLIAM MICHAEL ROSSETTI IN 1881, THE YEAR OF THE BOOK'S PUBLICATION, with the BINDING DESIGN BY CHRISTINA ROSSETTI'S OTHER BROTHER, BRITISH POET, ILLUSTRATOR, PAINTER, AND TRANSLATOR DANTE GABRIEL ROSSETTI -- a design also used on Christina Rossett's "Goblin Market" (1862). We presume the inscribee to be author Mary Ellen Waller, author of "The Wood-Carver of 'Lympus", "A Cry in the Wilderness" and other works. The Volume is mildly askew and remains in Very Good condition with rubbing through to the board bottoms near their respective leading corners and some repair of each joint where it meets the spine.

Price: $1,850.  20% discount to the list.

>>> Images available upon request.
>>
>>> FreeMedia Mail Shipping within the continental US, elsewhere at cost.
>>>
>>> Immediate payment by PayPal by invoice.
>>>
>>> Subject to prior sale.
>>>
>>> Returnable within 7 days of Buyer's receipt.

Best Wishes,

Stephen
Allington Antiquarian Books, LLC

Sent from my iPhone