[Rarebooks] fa: ALL THE YEAR ROUND vols. I & VII 1859-62 - CHARLES DICKENS, WILKIE COLLINS &c.

Ardwight Chamberlain ardchamber at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 19 10:06:41 EDT 2017

Listed now, auction ending Sunday, September 24. Images and more details can be found at the URL below or by searching for the seller name arch_in_la.

http://tinyurl.com/y9bwtjpz

Thanks,
Ardwight Chamberlain
Ann Arbor, MI, USA

Charles Dickens (ed.): All the Year Round. A Weekly Journal… Volume I. From April 30, 1859, to October 22, 1859. Being from No. 1 to No. 26. [AND] Volume VII. From March 15 o September 4, 1862. Including No. 151 to No. 176. London: No. 11, Wellington Street [and] No. 26 Wellington Street and by Messrs. Chapman and Hall, 1859, 1862. First editions. Two volumes, 8vo, in original/early green cloth decorated in blind and gilt; 624, 620 pp.

Vol. I contains the first appearance of Dickens's A Tale of Two Cities (the first 26 parts, through book 3, chapter 9). Vol. VII contains the first appearance of Wilkie Collins' novel, No Name (26 parts, through chapter vii). Bindings rubbed with some bumping and wear to the corners and spine ends; slight mustiness; mild toning to the contents of vol. I, a few stray spots, otherwise clean, firmly bound.