[Rarebooks] FS: Rare 1929 Catalog of Russian & European Engraved Glass

Joslin Hall Rare Books office at joslinhall.com
Fri Apr 27 07:54:51 EDT 2018

“Verres Anciens”  By Marianne Pelliot. Published in Paris by Editions G.
van Oest in 1929.

An elegant, beautifully produced survey of outstanding 18th century
European engraved and enameled glass, some of it Russian, from private
collections. Duncan notes: "Describes glasses hidden in private
collections notably those of G. Moser-Millot, Alexander
Popov-Zolonitzky, Madame Wannieck, Madame Felix Lemaire, and Madame
Lucien Sauphar, also glasses in the Museum Pierre Stchoukine, Moscow".
The text includes an essay on Russian glass. This is followed by the 48
plates, each of which is fully described, illustrating decorated glass
of Holland, Germany, Bohemia, and Russia. Plates 42-48 illustrate
glasses engraved by the glass workshop of Nicolas Bakhmeteff.

Softcover. 10"x13", 153 pages plus 48 black & white plates. Inscribed by
the author. The covers have some soil and wear (please see the photos,
above and below). The pages have some minor soil & light wear, but
otherwise are clean and nice. [382/38512] $125

Some Pictures =>
<https://www.joslinhall.com/images382/th-38512-cover.jpg>
<https://www.joslinhall.com/images382/th-38512-cover2.jpg>
<https://www.joslinhall.com/images382/th-38512-page1.jpg>
<https://www.joslinhall.com/images382/th-38512-page2.jpg>
<https://www.joslinhall.com/images382/th-38512-page3.jpg>
<https://www.joslinhall.com/images382/th-38512-page4.jpg>
<https://www.joslinhall.com/images382/th-38512-page5.jpg>
<https://www.joslinhall.com/images382/th-38512-page6.jpg>
<https://www.joslinhall.com/images382/th-38512-page7.jpg>
<https://www.joslinhall.com/images382/th-38512-page8.jpg>

http://www.joslinhall.com

Our email list
http://joslinhall.com/mailman/listinfo/jhrbnews_joslinhall.com

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/joslinhallbooks

Twitter
https://twitter.com/joslinhall

Tumblr
https://joslinhall.tumblr.com

  ~ ~ ~

TERMS:
All payments must be in U.S. funds and negotiable through a U.S. bank;
We accept checks, money orders, American Express, Visa and Mastercard.
Books may be reserved pending payment; Institutions may be billed;
Standard courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are
$5.00 for the first book, and $2.00 for each additional book. Shipments
outside the U.S. will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we are
notified within ten days of your receipt of the books-please ask for
full instructions and terms. Massachusetts residents must add 6.25%
state sales tax.