[Rarebooks] FS: Vol. I [both parts] of "The Philadelphia Medical and Physical Journal" 1804-05

Kenneth Karmiole kkarmiole at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 1 12:40:56 EST 2018

(SCIENCE) Barton, Benjamin Smith (ed.). THE PHILADELPHIA MEDICAL AND PHYSICAL JOURNAL. Part I. [Part II.].  Vol. I. Philadelphia: J. Conrad & Co. et al. 1804-1805. 8vo. x,184,(2)pp. Illustrated with a folding table of meteorological observations for the previous year. BOUND WITH: ...Part II. Vol. I. 1805. (Philadelphia): John Conrad & Co. et al. 1805. viii,192pp. Illustrated with a fine copper engraved bird plate. Bound in at rear is the general title page and index for Vol. I. (2),viii pp. Full polished sheep, rebacked with calf spine, original red morocco label laid back down. Occasional light soiling.    $200.00 (trade discount allowed)
At the front of "Part II" is a tipped in printed slip stating that the second plate, which was intended for that part, was delayed and will provided "in three or four weeks" (i.e., some copies will have 2 plates in the second part). We are offering the first volume only, of 3, printed by 1808.

Kenneth Karmiole, Bookseller, Inc.
1239A Third Street Promenade
Santa Monica, CA 90401
310-451-4342