[Rarebooks] FS: 1791 "Book of Common Prayer" variant unrecorded in the ESTC

Kenneth Karmiole kkarmiole at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 14 12:51:44 EDT 2018

Church of England. THE BOOK OF COMMON PRAYER... Together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David. London: Printed by John Jarvis. 1791. 12mo. Unpaginated. With 9 copper engravings by Thomas Stothard. BOUND WITH: A NEW VERSION OF THE PSALMS OF DAVID... London: Printed for John Jarvis. 1791. Unpaginated. With 1 plate by Stothard. The two bound together in cont. straight grained red morocco, gilt. A.e.g. An attractive copy.    $450.00 (trade discount allowed)
ESTC records a number of variant editions of this 1791 Book of Common Prayer, but not this one. Ours collates A-S12;A-H6,I4 (I4 blank). The first work reads, on the title: "Price. Five Shillings, 6 pence", the second, "One Shilling, 6 pence."

Kenneth Karmiole, Bookseller, Inc.
1239A Third Street Promenade
Santa Monica, CA 90401
310-451-4342