[Rarebooks] FS: Arnold Schonberg, Gurre-Lieder von Jens Peter Jacobsen, Belmont Music Publishers, no date

info at johnhowellforbooks.com info at johnhowellforbooks.com
Thu May 31 14:44:10 EDT 2018

Recently I was offered a number of books by a man from whom I purchased
a larger collection a few years ago.

The new books are mostly music-related, something I do not necessarily
specialize in. The lion's share are Gustav Mahler, both biographical,
and the music itself, including many volumes from Mahler's _Sämtliche
Werke. Kritische Gesamtausgabe_. It will be a lengthy chore for me to
list all of these individually, so if you have any use for Mahler in
your business or personal collections please contact me off list, and we
shall see if we can make an arrangement for you to acquire the Mahler
material.

In the meantime, I offer today:

_Gurre-Lieder von Jens Peter Jacobsen, Deutsch von Robert Franz Arnold
fur Soli, Chor und Orchester von Arnold Schonberg_. Los Angeles, CA:
Belmont Music Publishers, no date, but as the address for Belmont Music
Publishers includes a zip code, we should assume post mid-1960s. Title
page notes the Wien, Leipzig: Universal-Edition A. G., copyright 1920,
and Copyright renewal by Arnold Schoenberg, 1948.

Folio. 14 1/4 x 1- 3/4 inches. 189, [1] pp. Musical notations
throughout; pencil notations and rubber stamps on title page and the
last page, occasional pencil notations in the text, but these are not
obtrusive. Color pictorial wraps; binding square and tight, rubbed,
shelf wear. A Good copy.

$50.00, trade discount of 25% offered on this item. Postage will be
$6.00 Media Mail within the Continental US.

The text of the _Gurre-Lieder von Jens Peter Jacobsen_ can be had via
modern reprints and print on demand; my pricing research revealed 2
copies of this Belmont Music Publishers edition; 1 offered at $50.00 and
another copy above $100.00.

Offered subject to prior sale. CA residents without a resale number will
be charged the relevant CA Sales Tax. Payment with order; we can offer a
variety of payment options, including sending with invoice to those
known to our firm. Returnable within 10 days of receipt, but please
notify us in advance of your intentions.

John Howell

John Howell for Books

310 367-9720