[Rarebooks] FS: Fine 6 vol. set of Herodotus (in Greek & Latin) in full vellum. Strassburg & Paris: 1816

Kenneth Karmiole kkarmiole at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 27 17:39:04 EST 2018

Herodotus. HERODOTI MUSAE SIVE HISTORIARUM LIBRI IX... [Edited by] Johannes Schweighaeuser. Strassburg & Paris: Trentell et Wurtz. 1816. 8vo. 6 volumes. Engraved portrait in Volume I. All half-titles present. Fine set bound in cont. full vellum with brown morocco spine labels.    $600.00 (trade discount allowed)
See Dibdin. GREEK & LATIN CLASSICS, Vol. II, p.26-27 for a long description. Dibdin states, "we have here perhaps the very best edition of Herodotus extant." Each volume has the Greek text with the Latin translation beneath it; the editorial matter in Latin.

Kenneth Karmiole, Bookseller, Inc.
1239A Third Street Promenade
Santa Monica, CA 90401
310-451-4342