[Rarebooks] FS: "Geographie des Russichen Reichs..." w/bookplate of the Russian royal family. St. Petersburg: 1842

Kenneth Karmiole kkarmiole at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 19 16:29:16 EDT 2019

Oldekop, Christian August Wilhelm von. GEOGRAPHIE DES RUSSICHEN REICHS, Nach den Neuesten Quellen Bearbeitet. St. Petersburg: Carl Krey. 1842. 12mo. (8),240pp. Index. Orig. gilt tooled calf over green boards, spine rubbed, top of front hinge with a 1/2" crack. Small paper label on spine with library number "952". With the bookplate of Romanov family member  the Duke of Leuchtenberg, the husband of Grand Duchess Maria Nikolaevna, Nicholas I's eldest daughter and sister of Alexander II. This book is found with a Leipzig imprint and a St. Petersburg imprint. The St. Petersburg imprint is very uncommon.  We have some pictures of this one if you want to see the Royal bookplate, quite similar to that of Nicholas I.                                                                $450.00 (trade discount allowed)

Kenneth Karmiole, Bookseller, Inc.
1239A Third Street Promenade
Santa Monica, CA 90401
310-451-4342