[Rarebooks] FS: Italian trans. of "Robinso Crusoe" Vencie: 1763

Kenneth Karmiole kkarmiole at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 3 12:14:15 EDT 2019

Defoe, Daniel. LA VITA E LE AVVENTURE DI ROBINSON CRUSOE' Storia Galante. Che Contiene, tra Gli Altri Avvenimenti il Soggiorno Ch'Egli Fece, per Vintott' Annie in un Isola Deserta Situata Sopra la Costa dell' America Vicino All' Imboccatura della Gran Riviera Oroonoca... Traduzione dal Francese. Venice: Presso Domenico Occhi. 1763. Sm. 8vo. 2 vols. in 1. (6),271,(1);304pp. Including 1 page of publisher's ads at end of Vol. I. Each title page with a woodcut ornament. Each vol. with a copper engraved frontispiece. Cont. limp vellum, lightly soiled, hand lettered spine,. Partial contemporary ownership signature at bottom blank margin of Vol. I. Another ownership signature is on front free endpaper.                        $500.00 (trade discount allowed)
A scarce edition, OCLC recording only copies at U. of Michigan and Cambridge University currently. First translated into Italian in 1730-1731, also published by Occhi.

Kenneth Karmiole, Bookseller, Inc.
1239A Third Street Promenade
Santa Monica, CA 90401
310-451-4342