[Rarebooks] FS: Scarce Italian translattion, printed by Giolitto. Venice: 1547

Kenneth Karmiole kkarmiole at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 17 12:34:32 EDT 2019

[Floccus, Andrea Domenico]. IL FENESTELLA [pseud.] D'I SACERDOTI, E D'I MAGISTRATI, ROMANI. Tradotto Di Latino alla Lingua Toscana, al Magnifico M. Angelo Motta [see below]. Venice: Gabriel Giolitto de Ferrari. 1547. Sm. 8vo. ff.43,(1). Giolitto's woodcut device on title. Woodcut initials. Small chip at the top of the title page, otherwise a pretty copy in 18th century calf over paste paper boards.    $650.00 (trade discount allowed)
The second edition of this Italian translation (the first also printed by Giolitto in 1544). The translation is actually by Francesco Sansovino who has written the introduction. An often reprinted work first printed in Milan in 1477, dealing with the legal administration of Rome, and Roman church and state. This Italian translation is scarce. See Bonghi. GIOLITTO p. 137. Not in BL Italian STC, or in Adams.

Kenneth Karmiole, Bookseller, Inc.
1239A Third Street Promenade
Santa Monica, CA 90401
310-451-4342