[Rarebooks] FS: Near fine copy in dj of Hawley's "Miscellanea Japonica" Vol. I. 1/100

Kenneth Karmiole kkarmiole at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 5 13:11:38 EST 2019

(JAPAN) Hawley, Frank (ed.). MISCELLANEA JAPONICA: Being Occasional Contributions to Japanese Studies. [Vol.] I. Kyoto: Printed for the Author. 1954. Lg. 4to. (34)pp. Twenty-two pages are excerpts from the journal of John T. Comerford, an English surgeon in Japan, written between September, 1863 and February 1, 1867. With a facsimile of a portion of a page from the journal. Edition limited to 100 copies, this one being the author's own copy, with his book label on the front pastedown. Rust boards, paper spine label. Plain paper d.j. with title label mounted on front panel. A near fine copy considering the fragility of the paper d.j. and boards.    $300.00 (trade discount allowed)
This was the first volume of a proposed series by Hawley. Only one other volume was published (in 1960), Hawley's more well known WHALES & WHALING IN JAPAN.

Kenneth Karmiole, Bookseller, Inc.
1239A Third Street Promenade
Santa Monica, CA 90401
310-451-4342