[Rarebooks] FA: 1794_4vol Murphy's TACITUS w/Provenance: Henry Savage THACHER of Biddeford Maine Quack Medicine purveyor

Levant Books samarkandbks at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 27 20:06:51 EST 2019

4 Volumes: The Works of Cornelius Tacitus, Edited by Arthur Murphy with an Essay on the Life and Genius of Tacitus published by Luke White: Dublin 1794.  Complete and in very good condition

Henry S. Thacher was founder of Thacher Medicine Company of Chattanooga, Tenn. A Handwritten note laid into Volume 1 reads, “These four volumes of Murphy’s Tacitus, from the old Family Library at the ‘Elm Trees,’ Biddeford, I present to my son Joseph H. Thacher. (signed) Henry S. Thacher. Date: January 18, 1862.”

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1794-4v-TACITUS-Henry-Savage-THACHER-Biddeford-Maine-Portsmouth-Quack-Medicine/362543109860?hash=item546940d6e4:g:LEUAAOSwS2lcTj~q:rk:2:pf:1

Offers made directly to this address rather than via eBay are treated more favorably.

Regards,
Robert Azzi
Exeter NH