[Rarebooks] FS: Junilius' 6th c. bible commentary on Genesis. Basel: 1538

Kenneth Karmiole kkarmiole at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 6 12:02:58 EDT 2019

(BIBLE. COMMENTARY) Junilius, Africanus. ...IN PRIORA ALIQUOT GENESEOS CAPITA VALDE DOCTUS & UTILIS COMMENTARIUS... Nunc Primum in Lucem Editus... Basel: (Roberti Winter. 1538).  Sm. 4to. 47,(11)pp. Index. Old calf, later rebacked and with green morocco spine label. Inner hinges strengthened. Title page with the old inscription, "Ex Legato Dni Decani Holvoet." 19th century bookplate of the Bishopric of Cornwall.                     $650.00 (trade discount allowed)
A scarce book written by a 6th century author (born in North Africa), one of the Ministers of Justinian I. The text is a Biblical Commentary on Genesis, Chapter I. BL German STC p. 465. Not in Adams.

Kenneth Karmiole, Bookseller, Inc.
1239A Third Street Promenade
Santa Monica, CA 90401
310-451-4342