[Rarebooks] FS: With early English provenance. Basel: 1587

Kenneth Karmiole kkarmiole at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 27 13:01:06 EDT 2019

La Primaudaye, Pierre de. SUITE DE L'ACADEMIE FRANCOISE. En Laquelle Il Est Traite de l'Homme, & Comme par une Histoire Naturelle du Corps & de l'Ame... Basel: Philemon de Hus. 1587. 8vo. ff.(8),339,(23). Complete with the final 2 blank leaves. Woodcut device on title. Orig. vellum.  Covers stamped with the initials, "I. L." Armorial bookplate of John Earl of Strathmore, i.e. John Lyon (the "I. L." as on the cover, 1663-1712).    $750.00 (trade discount allowed)
This is the second volume of the author's L'ACADEMIE FRANCOISE. It is quite complete in itself, dealing with the philosophy of man. The first volume deals with moral philosophy. The ACADEMIE FRANCOISE is La Primaudaye's most important work; it was first printed in 1 volume in 1577, the second volume first appeared in 1580, with the title alteration.

Kenneth Karmiole, Bookseller, Inc.
1239A Third Street Promenade
Santa Monica, CA 90401
310-451-4342