[Rarebooks] FS: Roosevelt: Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail GREATLY DISCOUNTED

Allington Books allingtonbooks at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 07:53:52 EST 2019

*TODAY ONLY* we offer the below-described Theodore Roosevelt work in the
> dust jacket  *GREATLY DISCOUNTED*.  Multiple images can be found at
> www.allingtonbooks.com and the Terms of Sale are:
>

> Free Media Mail shipping within the continental US, elsewhere at cost
>
> *Immediate payment required.*
>
> Returnable [in the same condition as delivered to Buyer] within 7 days of
> Buyer's receipt.
>
> Subject to prior sale.
>
> The volume can be purchased at the discounted price directly from our site.

Best Wishes,

Stephen

Roosevelt, Theodore
Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail GREATLY DISCOUNTED

New York: The Century Company, 1899. Later Edition. Hardcover. *TEMPORARILY
DISCOUNTED*. WAS $2,250. A Very Good copy of this later, but still early,
edition of Theodore Roosevelt's recounting of his time on his beloved
Dakota Territory ranch. The book covers his life during the years 1884-1886
a period after the death of his first wife when he decided to go do
something he would greatly enjoy. He recounts his experiences on the ranch,
the people (and other animals) that he met, hunting adventures, the
excitement of the cattle roundup, and his daily life on the ranch. In the
RARE dust jacket, the book is in Very Good condition (somewhat askew and
with toning to the spine and board extremities). A remarkable survival, the
dust jacket's front panel repeats the front board illustration. The
jacket's spine panel is toned and the flap turns show some splitting -- but
are holding well, and there are a couple of small tape repairs to the
jacket verso. The jacket also shows some marking and some general wear and
chipping. Sadly, while Roosevelt loved his time in the Dakota Territory, he
also lost his fortune. Never one to quit, he turned to writing to support
his family and continued to write for the rest of his life. He enlisted his
friend Frederic Remington to illustrate this book and both the reader and
the collector are blessed by this collaboration of two famous Americans.
Roosevelt's books from the 19th Century still wearing their jackets are
quite difficult to find and, in our opinion, this copy is a prize. *EXCEEDINGLY
SCARCE*. Very good / very good. Item #934

Price: $475.00

Stephen Johnson
Allington Antiquarian Books, LLC
Rare and Collectible Books, both Antiquarian and Modern
www.allingtonbooks.com