[Rarebooks] FA: Antiquarian Auctions Sale No. 73 Has Begun

William Van Nest trilliumbooks at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 10 21:30:32 EDT 2019

We invite your bids for our offerings (and those of quite a few others) in Antiquarian Auctions Sale No. 73 which runs through this week, ending Thursday, 14th March. In all, over five hundred lots are looking for new homes.

In particular, you might want to take a run at any one of several of our books on travel and exploration:

John Barrow. Travels into the Interior of Southern Africa (London, 1801 and 1804). A clean, bright copy of the first edition. The second Travels we have sold on the Antiquarian Auctions site.

Anders Sparrman. A Voyage to the Cape of Good Hope towards the Antarctic Polar Circle Round the World…(Dublin, 1785) in original calf bindings.

Charles Peter Thunberg. Travels in Europe, Africa and Asia made between the years 1770 and 1779 (London, 1795- 1796). The third edition in handsome half leather over marbled boards.

To view all twenty-eight of our titles on offer, please go to https://antiquarianauctions.com/sellers/trillium-antiquarian-books <https://antiquarianauctions.com/sellers/trillium-antiquarian-books>.

An avid book-buying friend of mine once complained that all one found on Antiquarian Auctions were books on Africa. Well, David, not this time.

This week you can bid on Saul Bellow’s Dangling Man (London, 1946), a first edition of Orwell’s 1984 (London, 1949), Nicholas Moore’s The Glass Tower with illustrations by Lucian Freud (London, 1944), and The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes (London, 1894). But the one I think you’ll like best is the bound three-volume collection of The Savoy with illustrations by Beardsley. I know you like his slinky drawings.

See for yourself
antiquarianauctions.com <http://antiquarianauctions.com/>

Best wishes from Canada, where it is -2C and raining,

WM

William Van Nest

Trillium Antiquarian Books IOBA
1285 Albertus Avenue