[Rarebooks] FS: Very scarce 1682 astronomy primer for the Jesuit College in Naples

Kenneth Karmiole kkarmiole at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 23 13:00:58 EDT 2019

(ASTRONOMY) Salerno, Jacob. POSITIONES PHYSIO-ASTRONOMICAE DE SPHAERA ELEMENTARI. Quas in Collegio Neopolitano Soc. Jesu Publice Exponet, & Demonstrabit. Naples: Jacobi Raillard. 1682. Small square 8vo. (4),48,(2)pp. plus 6 copper engraved plates at back. Cont. limp vellum, a bit soiled and with arithmetical notations on the rear cover. In this copy, blank A1 is used as the pastedown endpaper.  Overall a very nice copy.                    $1,250.00 (trade discount allowed)
A very uncommon astronomy primer for the Jesuit College in Naples. Only 3 copies are currently recorded in OCLC. Only one copy appears at auction (Rarebookhub), a poor copy, in 2017, with only 3 plates at the end (sold for 516.60 GB Pounds). The record in Riccardi, I, Column 411, states "4 plates."  Our copy with 6 plates is unusual.

Kenneth Karmiole, Bookseller, Inc.
1239A Third Street Promenade
Santa Monica, CA 90401
310-451-4342