[Rarebooks] FS: American Folk Artists Biographical Index

Joslin Hall Rare Books, Ephemera & Photographs office at joslinhall.com
Tue Nov 12 08:13:19 EST 2019

“Folk Artists Biographical Index”

Edited by George H. Meyer. Published by Gale Research Company in 1987.

An invaluable biographical index of some 9,000 American folk artists
working from the 17th century to the 20th century. Each entry includes
brief biographical information including locality, time period and
mediums worked in, and notes on where more information about the artist
may be found. The book also includes an "Art Locator Index", which lists
more than 300 public collections of folk art and which artists' works
are represented in their collections. Artists are also cross-indexed by
geographical location, media, ethnicity, and type of work.

Hardcover. 8.5"x11", 496 pages.  Noted Connecticut American antiques
dealer Wayne Pratt’s copy, inscribed to him by the editor. Minor soil,
but otherwise clean and nice, with a tight binding.  $45

Some Pictures =>
<https://www.joslinhall.com/images387/th-35783-cover.jpg>
<https://www.joslinhall.com/images387/th-35783-cover2.jpg>
<https://www.joslinhall.com/images387/th-35783-page1.jpg>

sign up for our email list->
http://www.joslinhall.com/newslist.htm

--
Joslin Hall Rare Books, Ephemera, & Photographs
Post Office Box 49

-

www.joslinhall.com
(413) 247-5080

Member:
Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America
International League of Antiquarian Booksellers
Southern New England Antiquarian Booksellers
Ephemera Society

Our email list
http://www.joslinhall.com/newslist.htm

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/joslinhallbooks

Twitter
https://twitter.com/joslinhall

  ~ ~ ~

TERMS:
All payments must be in U.S. funds and negotiable through a U.S. bank;
We accept checks, money orders, American Express, Visa and Mastercard.
Books may be reserved pending payment; Institutions may be billed;
Standard courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are
$5.00 for the first book, and $2.00 for each additional book. Shipments
outside the U.S. will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we are
notified within ten days of your receipt of the books-please ask for
full instructions and terms. Massachusetts residents must add 6.25%
state sales tax.