[Rarebooks] FS: 1854 Daniel Webster Birthday Anniversary Dinner Admission Card

Joslin Hall Rare Books, Ephemera & Photographs office at joslinhall.com
Thu Nov 14 13:56:57 EST 2019

1854 Daniel Webster Birthday Anniversary Dinner Admission Card, Made Out
to Massachusetts' Last Whig Governor.

A ticket for the 1854 Birthday Commemoration held by the Massachusetts
Webster Association, at the Revere House. Webster had died in 1852.

This ticket is made out to Henry Washburn, who was governor of
Massachusetts at the time. “Emory Washburn (1800-1877) was a United
States lawyer, politician, and historian. After serving several years in
the state legislature, he was elected governor in 1853. Despite his
support for a reform-minded agenda, he was swept out of office on the
Know Nothing tide in 1854. Washburn joined the faculty of Harvard Law in
1856, where he was a popular and influential figure until his retirement
in 1876. His history of the early years of the Massachusetts Supreme
Judicial Court is still considered a foundational work on the subject”
[Wikipedia]. Washburn was also Massachusetts’ last Whig Governor.

Card. 4.25”x2.75”. Some soil and minor wear. Removed from an album with
glue points and residue on the back.  {48115}  $125

Pictures =>
<https://www.joslinhall.com/images460/th-48115-cover.jpg>

sign up for our email list->
http://www.joslinhall.com/newslist.htm

--
Joslin Hall Rare Books, Ephemera, & Photographs
Post Office Box 49

-

www.joslinhall.com
(413) 247-5080

Member:
Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America
International League of Antiquarian Booksellers
Southern New England Antiquarian Booksellers
Ephemera Society

Our email list
http://www.joslinhall.com/newslist.htm

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/joslinhallbooks

Twitter
https://twitter.com/joslinhall

  ~ ~ ~

TERMS:
All payments must be in U.S. funds and negotiable through a U.S. bank;
We accept checks, money orders, American Express, Visa and Mastercard.
Books may be reserved pending payment; Institutions may be billed;
Standard courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are
$5.00 for the first book, and $2.00 for each additional book. Shipments
outside the U.S. will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we are
notified within ten days of your receipt of the books-please ask for
full instructions and terms. Massachusetts residents must add 6.25%
state sales tax.