[Rarebooks] fs: Scarce WWI Hospital Unit History

Back Creek Books ABAA/ILAB rock at backcreekbooks.com
Thu Apr 16 20:29:53 EDT 2020

Dear booklovers,

We offer this scarce history of a Harvard-organized hospital unit in World War I:
~
[World War I] [Hatch, Philip J., Editor-in-Chief].
Concerning Base Hospital No. 5: A Book Published for the Personnel of Base Hospital No. 5, France, 1917-18-19.
(Boston): (The Barta Press), [c.1920]. First edition.

Scarce history of this World War I hospital unit, organized at Harvard University in February, 1916 and mobilized in May, 1917. Sailing for France on the Saxonia, the unit arrived at Boulogne, France on May 30, 1917. Shortly thereafter Base Hospital No. 5 was positioned between the French towns of Dannes and Camiers in the Department Pas de Calais, Here the hospital was frequently attacked by enemy aircraft, and on the night of September 4, 1917 the unit suffered the first deaths in the American Expeditionary Forces due to enemy activity. The text gives the history of the unit, individual citations received, etc., and is well illustrated with photographs. CONTROVICH VOL II, P. 347.

$175.

https://www.backcreekbooks.com/pages/books/540/world-war-i-philip-j-hatch-in-chief/
-
All items guaranteed as described. Subject to prior sale. Payment by credit card, PayPal, check, etc. Customary trade terms apply. Domestic USPS shipping, $6.50. Expedited, international, or other carriers at cost.

Best wishes,

Rock
---
Rockford E. Toews
Back Creek Books LLC, ABAA/ILAB
194 Main Street, Annapolis, MD 21401, U.S.A.
Hours: Monday-Thursday 10-6, Friday-Saturday 10-9, Sunday 11-6
Telephone: 410-626-1363 -- Email: rock at backcreekbooks.com
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com