[Rarebooks] FS: A List of James Lamar Weygand, Press of the Indiana Kid Materials

info at johnhowellforbooks.com info at johnhowellforbooks.com
Tue Mar 10 12:20:23 EDT 2020

DO NOT USE YOUR EMAIL REPLY FUNCTION TO RESPOND TO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.
MAKE SURE ANY MESSAGE COMES TO info at johnhowellforbooks.com AND IS NOT
SENT TO THE ENTIRE LIST.

Dear Friends and Colleagues:

Today we offer a list of 17 items related to James Lamar Weygand who
operated the Press of the Indiana Kid from the 1940s to the early 1990s.
Over the years, Weygand produced more than 50 full-sized books and 24
miniature books. He also corresponded with, and reported on, many
private presses throughout the United States. Included in this list are
4 of Weygand's larger-than-miniature books, 12 miniature books,
including 2 produced by younger family members, and an incomplete run of
_The American Book Collector_, in which Weygand's reports on American
private press printers were first published. These materials come from 3
sources. 2 of the near-miniatures were in the private collection of Muir
Dawson (prices reduced). 2 of the larger books came from the private
collection of Pall Bohne, a self-taught Southern California printer who
was a long-distance collaborator with Weygand, as well as the run of
_The American Book Collector_. The miniature books come from Glen
Dawson's private collection.

The list can be found as a PDF hosted on my secure website:

https://www.johnhowellforbooks.com/media/1JamesLamarWeygand.pdf [1]

Enjoy!

John Howell
310 367-9720