[Rarebooks] FS: Pictorial Arrowhead - Occupation of Japan by Second Marine Division

Joslin Hall Books & Ephemera office at joslinhall.com
Wed Nov 11 11:51:22 EST 2020

Pictorial Arrowhead - Occupation of Japan by Second Marine Division.

“Published under the supervision of the Division Special Services
Section with the assistance of the Division Photographic and
Reproduction Sections”.

A pictorial record of the 2nd Marine Division in Japan during the
Occupation. The book starts with photos of “where we would have hit,
D-Day 1 November, 1945”, and then shows “Where we did hit, 23
September, 1945”. There are photos of the division landing, setting
up, discovering Japanese weapons and munitions, of the devastation in
Nagasaki, of dealing with the Japanese population, and of Japanese
people and culture, and the interactions the men of the division had
with them. The quality of many of the images, printed on a
newsprint-type paper, varies widely, from pretty good to pretty poor,
but overall an important historical record of the Occupation.

String-bound softcover printed on newsprint. 14”x10.5”, front & back
covers and 40 pages printed on one side, black & white illustrations.
General wear, covers with creases and small chips, some soil and light
wear throughout. This as spent some time being folded over and has a
strong bend in the middle. [49638]  $125

Pictures =>
<https://www.joslinhall.com/images460/th-49638-cover.jpg>
<https://www.joslinhall.com/images460/th-49638-cover2.jpg>
<https://www.joslinhall.com/images460/th-49638-cover3.jpg>
<https://www.joslinhall.com/images460/th-49638-cover4.jpg>
<https://www.joslinhall.com/images460/th-49638-cover5.jpg>
<https://www.joslinhall.com/images460/th-49638-cover6.jpg>

--
Sign up for our email list, with Special Offers & Announcements sent
to your inbox ->

--
Joslin Hall Rare Books, Ephemera, & Photographs
Post Office Box 49

-

www.joslinhall.com
(413) 247-5080

Member:
Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America
International League of Antiquarian Booksellers
Southern New England Antiquarian Booksellers
Ephemera Society

Our email list
http://www.joslinhall.com/newslist.htm

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/joslinhallbooks

Twitter
https://twitter.com/joslinhall

       ~ ~ ~

TERMS:
All payments must be in U.S. funds and negotiable through a U.S. bank;
We accept checks, money orders, American Express, Visa and Mastercard.
Books may be reserved pending payment; Institutions may be billed;
Standard courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are
$5.00 for the first book, and $2.00 for each additional book.
Shipments outside the U.S. will be billed at cost. We accept returns
if we are notified within ten days of your receipt of the books-please
ask for full instructions and terms. Massachusetts residents must add
6.25% state sales tax.

As members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America we
are committed to upholding high professional standards and making sure
your bookbuying experience is enjoyable.