[Rarebooks] FS: Archive of 3 Henry Miller Letters to a publisher

Charles Agvent charles at charlesagvent.com
Tue Sep 29 12:42:20 EDT 2020

MILLER, Henry. ARCHIVE OF 3 AUTOGRAPH LETTERS SIGNED (ALSs). Three
AUTOGRAPH LETTERS SIGNED to Al Berlinski, proprietor of Sun Dog Press.
Includes: One page, signed "H.M.," sending issues of STROKES, with his
business card, also with a note by Miller and INITIALED. Another letter,
two pages on both sides of his personal stationery, discusses his eye
troubles and a catalog put out in conjunction with a show he had in
Jerusalem: "A flop because Israeli were short of dough, spending
everything on [?], planes and ammunition. Enuf! I saw Thurston and
Houdini on stage. The man who invited me to Magician's Ball was a W.U.
messenger, himself quite a magician, I thought." He discusses a few of
his books,including SEXUS, and mentions some shops where one can get
them. "Have you read about the Dalai Lama's visit to the U.S. Got a
rundown on his speech in L.A. Fabulous! Speaks common sense, laughs
heartily, recommends no religious practices. Hope papers write him up as
they surely will the Pope." The third letter is one page, SIGNED "Henry
Miller" and dated 3 December 1979, with his address stamped in the top
left corner. In part: "No use sending me books to read -- have had to
quit reading -- eye trouble." Talks about signing books, having books
due to come out from Capra Press, enquires about lithographs, and says
he has no carbons of manuscripts. Fine. (#020096)        $1,000

https://www.charlesagvent.com/pages/books/020096/henry-miller/archive-of-3-autograph-letters-signed-alss

--
All books subject to prior sale. Cash with order; institutions may be
billed. Postage additional: $11.00 for the first item; $5.00 for each

CHARLES AGVENT

37 Ridge Drive

Fleetwood, PA 19522-9638

484-575-8825