[Rarebooks] fa: HISTORY OF THE CHURCH OF GREAT BRITAIN FROM THE BIRTH OF OUR SAVIOUR - 1674

ArCh ardchamber at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 24 10:15:22 EST 2021

Listed now, auction ending Sunday, February 28. Images and more details can be found at the URL below or by searching for the seller name arch_in_la.

https://tinyurl.com/y8vgg643

Thanks again,
Ardwight Chamberlain
Ann Arbor, MI, USA

[William Gearing:] The History of the Church of Great Britain, from the Birth of our Saviour, untill the Year of our Lord, 1667. With an exact Succession of the Bishops, and the memorable Acts of many of them. Together with an Addition of all the English Cardinals; and the several Orders of English monks, Friars, and Nuns, in former Ages. London: Printed for Philip Chetwin, and to be Sold by most Book-sellers, 1674.

First edition. Small 4to (22 cm) in later full polished calf; [16], 441, [19] pp. ESTC R40443; Wing G435B. Title-page and terminal addenda leaf trimmed and laid down; mild toning and occasional light spotting to the contents, occasional ms. annotations in an early hand, front (blank) free-endpapers darkened and chipped at the edges, a few leaves with damp-staining to the margins and/or bumping and wear to the fore-edges, three leaves with horizontal tears; signatures of two prior owners to the front endpaper, a page of notes loosely laid in, newspaper clipping enclosed in envelope mounted to the second endpaper.