[Rarebooks] FS: Incribed by Carl I. Wheat to James D. Hart.

Kenneth Karmiole kkarmiole at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 15 11:26:02 EDT 2021

King, Clarence. THE HELMET OF MAMBRINO. With an Introduction by Francis P. Farquhar. San Francisco: The Book Club of California. 1938. Sm. 8vo. xx,(2),21,(3)pp. Title printed in red & black. Edition limited to 350 copies printed by The University of California Press. Vellum-like spine over marbled boards. Slipcase. This copy inscribed by the great bookman/bibliographer Carl I. Wheat, "To James D.  Hart, with best wishes from fellow member of WOOFFB and the Roxburghe Club of San Francisco. March 9, 1944."                 $125.00 (trade discount allowed)
James D. Hart was an English professor who later became the Director of the Bancroft Library at U. C. Berkeley, 1969-1990.

Kenneth Karmiole, Bookseller, Inc.
1239A Third Street Promenade
Santa Monica, CA 90401
310-451-4342