[Rarebooks] Ezra at Aardvark Books 2022 Oakland Fair List Booth 811: Complete List and Special Highlights

Ezra Tishman thebookfinder at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 17:53:00 EST 2022

Greetings Collectors, Book Enthusiasts, Readers, Librarians and Institutional Customers:

Ezra from Aardvark Books will be trucking down from the Forests of Oregon, lots of wonderful books and ephemera to the California Book Fair, to be held in Oakland, California Friday evening through Sunday afternoon, February 11th through February 13th.

(See: https://www.cabookfair.com <https://www.cabookfair.com/> for precise times).

See our list of highlights and the almost-complete list of treasures we will be bringing with us to Oakland.

Some of Aardvark's more special items to be found in our Oakland Booth (811) include:

           1) Chaucer’s Works (Stowe Edition) 1561, with many owner markings, home-made poems,
                and even a sixteenth-century pornographic doodle!

	    2) Dun Emer and Cuala Press: a nearly-complete collection of the writings and lovely broadsides of
                 issued by the legendary Irish Press of the early 20th century, started in 1903  by the two sisters
                 of famed Irish poet William Butler Yeats

	    3)  Rockwell Kent’s magnificently designed and illustrated edition of Herman Melville’s Moby Dick, or The
                 The Whale, commissioned by The Lakeside Press of Chicago, and issued in 1930. The “Fish in
	 	 Can” (so called because of its three volumes being housed in an unforgettable heavy aluminum slipcase)
                 was printed in a limited edition of 1000 copies. Deservedly, it has been called one of the most
		 magnificently produced books of the Twentieth-century.

		See below for separate lists. descriptions and photos of Aardvark’s highlighted featured books, as well
                  as our complete list of books we’ll be bringing to the California Book Fair, at Oakland, California, February 11th
                  through 13th, 2022.

			•	20 works of Travel and Exploration, 17 of which are dated on or before the year 1800
			•	40 Americana Titles
			•	20 Early Pamphlets
			•	17 Science-related Books

		Plus some modern titles,, signed books, a few posters, and lots of delightful and quirky Ephemera,

Aardvark Books in Oakland Booth 811 Highlights List

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8071auo1volmrwo/AARDVARK%20OAKLAND%202022%20HIGHLIGHTS.pdf?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/8071auo1volmrwo/AARDVARK%20OAKLAND%202022%20HIGHLIGHTS.pdf?dl=0>

Highlights IMAGES:               https://www.ezrabook.com/cat.php?id=1711 <https://www.ezrabook.com/cat.php?id=1711>

Aardvark in Oakland 2022 Booth 811 Complete List

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iuybkn7srryqli8/AARDVARK%20OAKLAND%202022%20COMPLETE%20LIST.pdf?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/iuybkn7srryqli8/AARDVARK%20OAKLAND%202022%20COMPLETE%20LIST.pdf?dl=0>

 Complete List IMAGES          https://www.ezrabook.com/cat.php?id=1708 <https://www.ezrabook.com/cat.php?id=1708>

Esther and I hope to see you at the Fair. Stop in to booth 811 and just say howdy!

                     Ezra

Ezra The Bookfinder
Aardvark Books, Member ABAA, ILAB, & IOBA
& Ezra Tishman Book Appraisals
(Accredited Appraiser in Books, Manuscripts,
          and Archives: American Society of Appraisers)
3650 Chambers Street   (By Appointment)
Eugene, Oregon  97405-0252
U.S.A.

CELL  Phone or Text: 541-520-9821 (BEST)
thebookfinder at gmail.com / bookappraisals at gmail.com
www. http://ezrabook.com
Office:  541-683-3131

Fine Books & Collections
  Sought, Bought, Sold, Appraised Full-time, since 1995.