[Rarebooks] FS: SIGNED Letter from Tennessee Williams to his cousin

Charles Agvent charles at charlesagvent.com
Thu Aug 10 16:51:26 EDT 2023

WILLIAMS, Tennessee. TYPED LETTER SIGNED (TLS). One-page letter SIGNED
"Tom" on 8-12" x 11" onionskin to his cousin Jim. In full: "A
well-deserved feeling of shame has made me hesitant about asking you if
you’d be willing to occupy the house when I set forth on my long journey
to the Orient, by way of Texas and such diverse stops as New York and
London. Tony Smith’s widow, Jane, and her daughter Bebe will be staying
here till about Jan. 17th but after that time we have as yet found no
one to move in after they leave and I can’t bring myself to give the
creatures away, or put them in a kennel. As you know, they include
Topaze, Cornelius, and a very funny new parrot, Juanita -- the old one
Lorito has departed for the great aviary in the sky. If you or Stell --
I mean and/or Stell -- can’t take over, perhaps you now of some truly
responsible person that could. Do you know the new telephone number
here? It is 4-1430. Since we’re leaving this Thursday for Texas -- I am
entering a hospital briefly under Texas Kate’s supervision -- do please
drop by or call to discuss all this." Some wrinkling and creases from
mailing. Very Good. (#021391)     $900

https://www.charlesagvent.com/pages/books/021391/tennessee-williams/typed-letter-signed-tls

--
All books subject to prior sale. Cash with order; institutions may be billed.
Postage additional: $12.00 for the first item; $6.00 for each thereafter for

CHARLES AGVENT

37 Ridge Drive

Fleetwood, PA 19522-9638

484-575-8825