[Rarebooks] FS: German Exile

Mark Funke mark at funkebooks.com
Mon Feb 6 12:29:17 EST 2023

Dear Friends, Customers, and Colleagues:

We hope to see you at the 55th California International Antiquarian
Book Fair on February 10-12, 2023, in Pasadena, California. You will
find us at booth 108.

At the fair, we are launching a new printed catalogue on the German
exile experience.

The catalogue contains 39 objects pertaining to the cultural and life
experiences of individuals expelled or forced out of their home
countries between 1923 and 1945 due to Hitler’s rise to power. Seven
to eight million people became refugees in the time leading up to and
including World War II, and tens of thousands of them settled in
Southern California. Their legacy reshaped Los Angeles and the movie
industry for decades to come.

Our creative partners on this project include:

Printed in the Bay Area by JP Graphics, a California certified
woman-owned small business.

Foreword by Michaela Ullmann, Exile Studies Librarian. USC Libraries /
Special Collections.

Cover photo “Behind the Hollywood Sign” by California photographer
Chris LaBasco.

Typeset in Aktiv Grotesk by London based Dalton Maag.

Design by Joanna Funke.

Please watch this fascinating video of the production process here:

www.funkebooks.com/exile

This new printed catalogue will be complimentary to all visitors of
the Pasadena fair and is complementary to existing and new customers.
If you purchase a book through our website, we would be happy to
include a catalogue with the order.

Otherwise, the catalogue is $25.00 inclusive of domestic shipping
(plus $20.00 for international shipping).

For more information, please email mark at funkebooks.com.

For information on designing and typesetting your own book or
catalogue, please email joanna at funkedesign.com.

We look forward to seeing you in Pasadena. Safe travels!

Mark

___
mark funke, bookseller ABAA & ILAB
+1 206-632-1535