[Rarebooks] FS: New Catalogue of Seventeenth Century Books

Mark Funke mark at funkebooks.com
Fri Mar 15 10:30:00 EDT 2024

Dear Friends, Customers, & Colleagues:

We are pleased to launch the digital edition of our Catalogue of
Seventeenth Century Books:

https://funkebooks.com/lists/seventeenth-century/

The catalogue contains 35 books from the Seventeenth Century.

Highlights include a grammar textbook bound in Tenth Century waste
binding (Item 32); an unusual and rare atlas identifying Los Angeles
(Item 24); missionaries on Guam & the Mariana Islands (Item 11);
torture & female suicide (Item 2); astronomy & crocodiles in Thailand
(Item 13); and, the history of Spain with a connection to early
American women's education (Item 19).

Our personal favorite is Galatino's work proving the truth of the
Christian faith using Jewish texts bound with an incunable copy of
Pico's "Oration on the Dignity of Man" (Item 10). The Pico incunable
was suppressed by the Catholic Church as the Pope considered it
heretical. Yet our copy survived for centuries, amazingly enough, in a
Catholic monastery.

Printed copies of this catalogue may be ordered on our website for $40:

https://funkebooks.com/shop/xvii-print-catalogue/

Thank you kindly for taking a look. Please reach out with any questions.

Very truly yours,

- Mark
___
mark funke, bookseller ABAA & ILAB