[Rarebooks] Re: Janus- more

Nina W. Matheson matheson at boo.net
Mon Apr 12 14:46:41 EDT 2004

Not as dumb and I feel, having offered for sale the Barbara Luck Ringaround
which I sold a year ago!  Sorry!!
But, we do have 2 copies of the W.R. Johnson Easter, if you can use
both.  The 2nd copy is lightly bumped at the top rear corner.

I left off other Janus' that we have not yet catalogued.  Have you any use
for them?

   Hayford, James.  Four women.  [n.p.] Janus Press, 1981. Green cloth,
printed paper label on the spine. Fine, without dust jacket,as issued.
First edition. One of 150 numbered copies signed by the author. Fine / The
Janus Press 1981-90, p. 36.  $150.

Ames, Mollie.  Pegasus Pete with woodcuts by Susan
Johanknecht.  Christchurch, Gelfn Press, 1980.  Original tan paper boards
with printed label on the spine.  Fine.  One of 150 printed with the
original blocks on Kozo Natural paper at the Janus Press, Vermont by Susan
Johanknecht.  $75.00

Nyholm, Janet.  From a Housewife's Diary, with eraser stamps by Jerome
Kaplan.  West Burke, Vermont, The Janus Press, 1978.  Red & white checked
cloth over boards.  Printed paper label on the spine.  Fine.  Edition of
250.  This copy unnumbered but inscribed in red ink "For Paul & / Svetlana
/ with love / Claire".  One of the colored copies.  $150.00

Lockwood, Margo.  Bare elegy.  With a xerox by Ray K Metzker.  [West Burke,
Vermont] The Janus Press, 1980.  Fine in black cloth, paper label on the
spine.  One of 150 numbered copies signed by the author and artist.  First
edition.  Text set by Barbara Luck.  Ruth Fine in The Janus Press,
1975-1980, p. 47 indicates the book was designed and printed by Claire Van
Vliet.  $150.00

Best, Nina