[Rarebooks] FS: Rackham's Gulliver's Travels, 1/750 Signed

Charles Agvent agvent at erols.com
Tue Dec 7 16:14:41 EST 2004

Another great gift idea from our just posted HOLIDAY LIST on our web
site:   http://www.erols.com/agvent

(RACKHAM,  Arthur)  SWIFT, Jonathan. GULLIVER'S  TRAVELS
         INTO SEVERAL  REMOTE  NATIONS OF THE WORLD. London/New  York:
         J. M. Dent/E.  P. Dutton 1909. First Edition. Quarto  (8-1/4"
         x 11-1/2")  bound in the original gilt-decorated white cloth.
         Illustrated  with  13 tipped-in color plates and a number  of
         black-and-white  headpieces and tailpieces. Copy #513 of  750
         SIGNED  by  the illustrator Arthur Rackham who also  designed
         the endpapers.  The  Trade  Edition contained only  12  color
         plates.  According  to  the publisher, "Most of  the  designs
         appeared  as  line  drawings  in an  edition  issued  by  the
         present  publishers in 1899, but they have been worked  over,
         revised,  and coloured by the artist, while some entirely new
         designs  have  been  added." The cloth is  soiled,  the  gilt
         still bright.  The four ties are still present though hanging
         precariously.  Contents  are generally bright and  clean  but
         for the  endpapers which are soiled. Very Good or better copy
         of this delightful book.                             $1750.00

--

All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be billed.  Postage additional:  $10.00.  Overseas postage billed at approximate cost. Pennsylvania residents must add 6% sales tax.  Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover accepted.  Books may be returned within 7 days of receipt for any reason provided they are in the same condition as sent and prior notice is given. Please insure returns for their full value.  We carry a diverse stock with major specialties including Modern and 19th Century Literary First Editions, Autographed Books, and Limited Editions Club books.  We are proud to be members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB) as well as the International Autograph Dealers Alliance (IADA), the Manuscript Society, and the Universal Autograph Collectors Club (UACC).  Please feel free to contact us with any wants or offerings.  Thank you.

Mertztown, PA  19539-8750
Voice/Fax: 610-682-4750
agvent at erols.com
Visit our home page:  http://www.erols.com/agvent