[Rarebooks] PINE FURNITURE OF EARLY NEW ENGLAND

Gerard Gormley gerard at shore.net
Sun Feb 29 19:10:04 EST 2004

Kettell, Russell Hawes~.  THE PINE FURNITURE OF EARLY NEW
ENGLAND~.  NY NY, USA: Dover Publications, no date (listed in
1967 BIP, but ISBN suggests 1970s)(1949).  Keywords: Americana --
Antiques -- Arts & Crafts -- History (Early New England) --
Illustrated -- Illustrated (photos) -- Pine Furniture -- This
long-time classic depicts over 200 examples of the pine furniture
of early New England -- There is perhaps no better way to get a
sense of the independence of mind, forthrightness, & practical
bent of these hardy New World settlers -- 230 photographs, 55
working plans for use in duplicating these fine old pieces -- an
indispensable guidebook for antique collectors & dealers --
foreword by E.J. Hipkiss, Boston Museum of Fine Arts -- English
language.  Republication of 1929 Doubleday Doran original.
Hardcover.  Dust jacket present, price clipped.  477 pages: short
list of books & museums, 230 black & white photographs, 55
working plans.  Binding height: 11".  Full cloth (brown buckram),
spine gold-stamped.  Book Fine: lightest bumping to spine-bottom.
Dust jacket Very Good to Near Fine: price-clip, lightest wrinkle
to spine-top/bottom, lightest rubbing to top fore-corners, 1/4"
closed tear to bottom front edge, lightest rubbing & scoring to
back.  ISBN:0486201457.  [Digital JPEG image (3.75) available on
request].  2188~.  US$60-

                Gerard Gormley Books
                COLLECTIBLE BOOKS -- USED & RARE
                7 Washington Street
                Manchester-by-the-Sea MA 01944-1528 (USA)
                TEL: 978-526-7351
               E-mail: gerard at shore.net
                http://www.shore.net/~gerard
Please note that my descriptions are brutally frank; if anything,
I want you pleasantly surprised by my books.  JPEG digital images
available on request.   I accept MasterCard, Visa, & Discover cards;
also checks & money orders, payable to Gerard Gormley Books, in
US funds drawn on US banks.  (I bill institutions.)  Full refund for
books returned in as-shipped condition within 2 weeks of ship-date;
if my fault, I also reimburse you for return postage.  I ship in 24 hours.
Shipment value $50 or less, weight  2 lb. or less: Priority $7 first book,
$3.50 each additional.  Media Mail $4 most books.  Over $50, preceding
plus insurance, quoted at order entry.  Shipping also quoted for books
over 2 lb. & foreign addresses.  Please email or telephone to hold.  I
hold books 10 days for collectors, 3 weeks for dealers.  I appreciate
your business & aim to satisfy you in every way.
         Incoming & outgoing mail is certified Virus Free
         by Norton System Works 2002.