[Rarebooks] The Kreutzer Sonata

Mark Stirling bookworm at tahoesnow.com
Wed Jan 7 19:31:49 EST 2004

For Sale from Up-Country Letters, South Lake Tahoe, California:

 (Tolstoy, Leo) Tolstoi, Count Leo. The Kreutzer Sonata. Chicago: Sergei and Co., (1890). Original wrappers, 170 pp., translator anonymous. Sergei's Columbian Library, Vol. One, No. One, July, 1890. Not in Line, who lists this as No. 1 of Sergei's International Library, which he never saw. At least four English translations of "The Kreutzer Sonata" appeared in 1890, the one taking priority is not specified (Line, pp. 71-74). Paper browned, a Very Good copy.     $45

Up-Country Letters is a rare bookselling concern operated by Mark Stirling.  We specialize in Nineteenth Century American and English Literature with an emphasis on Transcendentalism;   Emerson, Thoreau, and their friends and associates.  Most of our inventory may be seen on-line at www.abebooks.com.

   Any item may be returned within 10 days if found to be unsatisfactory.  Postage is extra and items will be shipped at cost.  Payment may be made by most of the major credit cards and personal checks are welcome.

Up-Country Letters,   P.O. Box 550367,  South Lake Tahoe, California  96155-0007.
(530) 577-2089                                                          bookworm at tahoesnow.com