[Rarebooks] William Sotheby presentation copy.

Bookworm bookworm at tahoesnow.com
Sun Jan 25 20:20:35 EST 2004

For Sale from Up-Country Letters, South Lake Tahoe,
California:

Sotheby, William.   Poems.  London:  William Nicol, 1825.
 First edition thus, this is "Farewell to Italy...", 1818,
revised and enlarged (NCBEL).  Contemporary half-calf,
gilt, and marbled paper boards.  Presentation copy:  "For
Sir Edmund Antrobus from the Author" on the title, with
Sir Edmund's bookplate tipped before the title.  Sotheby
was a friend of Coleridge;  he published several volumes
of verse and translated Homer.  Some wear and soil, a Very
Good copy.    $275

   Up-Country Letters is a rare bookselling concern
operated by Mark Stirling.  We specialize in Nineteenth
Century American and English Literature with an emphasis
on Transcendentalism;   Emerson, Thoreau, and their
friends and associates.  Most of our inventory may be seen
on-line at www.abebooks.com.
    Any item may be returned within 10 days if found to be
unsatisfactory.  Postage is extra and items will be
shipped at cost.  Payment may be made by most of the major
credit cards and personal checks are welcome.

Up-Country Letters,   P.O. Box 550367,  South Lake Tahoe,
California  96155-0007.
(530) 577-2089                 bookworm at tahoesnow.com