[Rarebooks] FS: Hiroshima with 8 original silkscreens by Jacob Lawrence

charles agvent agvent at erols.com
Fri Jan 30 18:51:34 EST 2004

  (LAWRENCE, JACOB) HERSEY, JOHN. HIROSHIMA. New York: Limited
Editions Club 1983. Large octavo (9-1/2" x 12-1/4") bound in full
coal-black aniline cowhide. With a poem by Robert Penn Warren that
serves as the preface. Illustrated with EIGHT ORIGINAL SILKSCREENS
executed in eleven colors by the noted African-American artist Jacob
Lawrence, now deceased. Copy #517 of 1500 SIGNED by Hersey, Warren,
and Lawrence. A starkly beautiful book, richly bound and with three
important signatures, destined to be one of the most collected books
of the club. Mild foxing to the cowhide. About Fine in slipcase.   $1000
--
All books subject to prior sale.  Payment with order; institutions may
be billed. Postage additional: $10.00.  Overseas postage billed at
approximate cost.  Pennsylvania residents must add 6% sales tax.
Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover accepted.  We are also
open to reasonable payment terms.  A book may be returned within 7
days of receipt for any reason provided it is in the same condition as
sent and prior notice is given.  Please insure returns for their full
value.  We carry a select and diverse stock with major specialties
including Modern and 19th Century Literary First Editions, Signed
Books & Autographs, and Limited Editions Club books.  We are proud to
be members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America
(ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB)
as well as the International Autograph Dealers Alliance (IADA), the
Manuscript Society, and the Universal Autograph Collectors Club
(UACC).  Please feel free to contact us with any wants or offerings.
Thank you.

610-682-4750; FAX: 610-682-4620
agvent at erols.com
Visit our home page: http://www.erols.com/agvent