[Rarebooks] fs: Cowper. King's Own (Royal Lancaster Rgt.)

Back Creek Books admin at backcreekbooks.com
Thu Mar 4 17:20:28 EST 2004

Greetings All,

For your consideration:
~
(No. 7173 )  Cowper, L[ionel]. I[lfred]. (editor). THE KING'S OWN: THE STORY
OF A ROYAL REGIMENT, VOLUME II. 1814-1914.
Oxford: University Press, 1939. First printing, Full cloth, Octavo, x, 449
pages, black & white plates, maps. Very Good.
      This volume of the history of the Royal Lancaster Regiment opens with
the regiment embarking for America and the attack on Washington, DC and
Baltimore during the War of 1812. Includes many details of those battles as
well as the Battle of New Orleans and the attack on Mobile in that war. Also
full chapters on Waterloo and the occupation of France, the Crimean War, the
Abyssinian War, the Zulu War, the Boer War, and much more. Also includes 10
appendices on details of organization, uniforms, commanders, honours, etc.
Illustrated with plates--some from photographs--and maps including a large
fold-out map of South Africa. Bound in dark blue cloth over boards with
gilt-stamped spine and upper board. Minor bumps to cloth at spine head, mild
fading to along spine and top edges of boards. Hinges and binding sound.
Nice copy.    $75.00
See photo: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/bookphotos/7173.jpg

=:::=:::=T E R M S=:::=:::=
All books fully guaranteed and returnable if not as described. Normal
domestic shipping $3.50 for the first book, $1.00 each additional book or
volume. International shipments or other carriers at cost. Payment accepted
by credit card (V,MC,Amex, Discover), check, money order, or PayPal.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Rock Toews
Back Creek Books
Post Office Box 3540, Annapolis, MD 21403, U.S.A.
Tel. 410-626-1363 or 877-896-2669 (toll free), Fax. 815-425-8542
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com  ~  Email: admin at backcreekbooks.com
--
Military & Naval History, Americana, Nautical & Maritime, Marylandiana
 ~ New arrivals: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/index.html