[Rarebooks] FS: Greek Bible, Renaissance Philosophy

Gerard Gormley gerard at shore.net
Sun May 9 20:00:54 EDT 2004

For your kind consideration ---

ABSTRACTS

THE NEW TESTAMENT IN THE ORIGINAL GREEK.  NY: Macmillan, 1946.
Very, very hard to find -- Out of Print.  Edition unknown.

Cassier, Ernest et al (Editors)~.  Petrarca, Valla, Ficino, Pico,
Pomponazzi, Vives: THE RENAISSANCE PHILOSOPHY OF MAN~.  U. of
Chicago Press, 1948.  Very, very hard to find -- Hardcover Out of
Print.  First Printing.

DETAILS

~.  THE NEW TESTAMENT IN THE ORIGINAL GREEK: the Text Revised by
Brooke Foss Westcott & Fenton John Anthony Hort~.  NY NY, USA:
Macmillan, 1946.  Keywords: Very, very hard to find -- Out of
Print -- Non-Fiction -- Religion & Theology -- English language.
Edition/Printing unknown.  Hardcover.  No dust jacket.  618
pages: 7 Appendixes in English -- Principles of Textual Criticism
and Their Application, Summary of Documentary Evidence,
Orthography, Notation, List of Suspected Readings, List of
Noteworthy Rejected Readings, Quotations from the Old Testament.
Binding height: 8-3/4".   Publisher's blue full cloth, spine gold-
stamped.  Book Very Good to Near Fine: front free end paper torn
out, light bumping to 1 fore-corner (moderate same to spine-
top/bottom, editor/publisher names partly rubbed.  Binding strong
& tight, insides o/w Fine.  [Digital JPEG image (2.5) available
on request].  2250~.  US$50.-

Cassier, Ernest et al (Editors)~.  Petrarca, Valla, Ficino, Pico,
Pomponazzi, Vives: THE RENAISSANCE PHILOSOPHY OF MAN~.  Chicago
IL, USA: U. of Chicago Press, 1948.  Keywords: Very, very hard to
find -- Hardcover Out of Print -- Renaissance -- Philosophy --
English language.  First Printing ('Published 1948') + (No
Additional Printings indicated).  Hardcover.  Dust jacket
present, price intact.  405 pages: Bibliography, Index.  Binding
height: 8-3/8".  Publisher's blue full cloth, spine gold-stamped.
Book Near Fine: front free end paper torn out, light bumping to
spine-top/bottom.  Binding strong & tight, cloth & gold-stampings
as new, insides o/w Fine.  Dust jacket Very Good to Near Fine:
spine & front fore-edge sunned yellow, 3/8" closed tear (barely
noticeable) to top front edge, light rubbing to fore-corners
(moderate same to spine-top/bottom with slight loss at
extremeties of joints.  Dust jacket pluses: absolutely no
rubbing, scratching or scoring to front, spine or back -- looks
great on book.  [Digital JPEG image (2) available on request].
2251~.  US$50.-

                Gerard Gormley Books
                COLLECTIBLE BOOKS -- USED & RARE
                7 Washington Street
                Manchester-by-the-Sea MA 01944-1528 (USA)
                TEL: 978-526-7351
               E-mail: gerard at shore.net
                http://www.shore.net/~gerard
Please note that my descriptions are brutally frank; if anything,
I want you pleasantly surprised by my books.  JPEG digital images
available on request.   I accept MasterCard, Visa, & Discover cards;
also checks & money orders, payable to Gerard Gormley Books, in
US funds drawn on US banks.  (I bill institutions.)  Full refund for
books returned in as-shipped condition within 2 weeks of ship-date;
if my fault, I also reimburse you for return postage.  I ship in 24 hours.
Shipment value $50 or less, weight  2 lb. or less: Priority $7 first book,
$3.50 each additional.  Media Mail $4 most books.  Over $50, preceding
plus insurance, quoted at order entry.  Shipping also quoted for books
over 2 lb. & foreign addresses.  Please email or telephone to hold.  I
hold books 10 days for collectors, 3 weeks for dealers.  I appreciate
your business & aim to satisfy you in every way.
         Incoming & outgoing mail is certified Virus Free
         by Norton System Works 2002.