[Rarebooks] FS: 3 signed novels

Gerard Gormley gerard at shore.net
Sun May 9 20:06:06 EDT 2004

For your kind consideration ---

ABSTRACTS

Cormier, Robert~.  I AM THE CHEESE~.  Pantheon, 1977.  Signed
firsts very, very hard to find -- Hardcover out of Print --
Children (Young Adult) -- Signed Presentation copy -- Association
Copy.  First Printing.

Cormier, Robert~.  AFTER THE FIRST DEATH~.  Pantheon, 1979.
Signed Presentation firsts very, very hard to find -- Hardcover
out of Print -- Children (Young Adult) -- Signed Presentation
copy -- Association Copy.  First Printing.

Parker, Robert B~.  THE WIDENING GYRE: A Spenser Novel~.
Delacorte/Seymour Lawrence, 1983.  Signed Presentation firsts
very hard to find -- Hardcover out of Print -- Signed
Presentation copy -- Association Copy.  Third printing.

DETAILS

Cormier, Robert~.  I AM THE CHEESE~.  NY NY, USA: Pantheon, 1977.
of Print -- Children (Young Adult) -- Fiction (novel) -- Signed
Presentation copy ('To Ted [Vrettos] with great admiration [rest
illegible] Bob Cormier [date illegible] -- Association Copy from
library of Author/Professor Theodore Vrettos who, among other
accomplishments, conceived and directed the New England Writers
Conference, an annual event at which various well known writers
appeared as guest lecturers -- Many signed books for Vrettos and
his wife, Vas, with whom most of them became fast friends --
Vrettos is close friend of Bernays, Beattie, Fowles, King,
Updike, & many others -- English language.  First Printing
(Number series, "1" present).  Hardcover.  Dust jacket present,
price intact.  233 pages.  Binding height: 8-1/2".   Book Near
Fine: light bumping to 1 fore-corners & spine-top/bottom, 1 score
across leaf fore-edges.  Binding strong & tight, insides Fine.
Dust jacket Very Good to Near Fine: light rubbing to fore-
corners, moderate wrinkle to spine-top/bottom, light rubbing over
half-cloth boundaries, moderate scoring to back.
ISBN:0394834623.  [Digital JPEG image (1.75) available on
request].  TV65~.  US$95.95

Cormier, Robert~.  AFTER THE FIRST DEATH~.  NY NY, USA: Pantheon,
1979.  Keywords: Signed Presentation firsts very, very hard to
find -- Hardcover out of Print -- Children (Young Adult) --
Fiction (novel) -- Signed Presentation copy ('To Ted [Vrettos]
with my great best wishes,  Robert Cormier -- Association Copy
from library of Author/Professor Theodore Vrettos who, among
other accomplishments, conceived and directed the New England
Writers Conference, an annual event at which various well known
writers appeared as guest lecturers -- Many signed books for
Vrettos and his wife, Vas, with whom most of them became fast
friends -- Vrettos is close friend of Bernays, Beattie, Fowles,
King, Updike, & many others -- English language.  First Printing
(Number series, "1" present).  Hardcover.  Dust jacket present,
price intact.  233 pages.  Binding height: 8-1/2".   Book Near
Fine: Random House stamp on top leaf-edges, lightest bumping to
spine-top/bottom.  Binding strong & tight, insides Fine.  Dust
jacket Very Good to Near Fine: moderate wrinkle to spine-
top/bottom (light tearing to top), lightest scoring to front
(light to back).  ISBN:0394841220.  [Digital JPEG image (1.75)
available on request].  TV66~.  US$95.95

Parker, Robert B~.  THE WIDENING GYRE: A Spenser Novel~.  NY NY,
USA: Delacorte/Seymour Lawrence, 1983.  Keywords: Signed
Presentation firsts very hard to find -- Hardcover out of Print -
- Fiction (novel) -- Signed Presentation copy ('Vas & Ted, thanks
for everything (initials, as Parker always signs) -- Association
Copy from library of Author/Professor Theodore Vrettos who, among
other accomplishments, conceived and directed the New England
Writers Conference, an annual event at which various well known
writers appeared as guest lecturers -- Many signed books for
Vrettos and his wife, Vas, with whom most of them became fast
friends -- Vrettos is close friend of Bernays, Beattie, Fowles,
King, Updike, & many others -- English language.  Third printing.
  Hardcover.  Dust jacket present, price intact.  183 pages.
Binding height: 8-1/2".   Book Near Fine: light bumping to 1 fore-
corners (lightest to spine-top/bottom).  Binding strong & tight,
insides Fine.  Dust jacket Near Fine: lightest wrinkle to top
edges, lightest scoring to back, lightest rubbing over half-cloth
boundaries.  ISBN:0385292201.  [Digital JPEG image (1.5)
available on request].  TV41~.  US$59.95

                Gerard Gormley Books
                COLLECTIBLE BOOKS -- USED & RARE
                7 Washington Street
                Manchester-by-the-Sea MA 01944-1528 (USA)
                TEL: 978-526-7351
               E-mail: gerard at shore.net
                http://www.shore.net/~gerard
Please note that my descriptions are brutally frank; if anything,
I want you pleasantly surprised by my books.  JPEG digital images
available on request.   I accept MasterCard, Visa, & Discover cards;
also checks & money orders, payable to Gerard Gormley Books, in
US funds drawn on US banks.  (I bill institutions.)  Full refund for
books returned in as-shipped condition within 2 weeks of ship-date;
if my fault, I also reimburse you for return postage.  I ship in 24 hours.
Shipment value $50 or less, weight  2 lb. or less: Priority $7 first book,
$3.50 each additional.  Media Mail $4 most books.  Over $50, preceding
plus insurance, quoted at order entry.  Shipping also quoted for books
over 2 lb. & foreign addresses.  Please email or telephone to hold.  I
hold books 10 days for collectors, 3 weeks for dealers.  I appreciate
your business & aim to satisfy you in every way.
         Incoming & outgoing mail is certified Virus Free
         by Norton System Works 2002.