[Rarebooks] FS: 2 unusual History books

Gerard Gormley gerard at shore.net
Mon Nov 1 19:23:40 EST 2004

For your kind consideration ---

Jones, Thomas C. (editor)~.  THE HAWAII BOOK: Story of Our Island
Paradise~.  Chicago IL, USA: J.G. Ferguson Publishing, 1961.
Travel-Description-Exploration -- 336 pages with 59 color & 195
b/w illustrations -- English language.  Hardcover.  No DJ (none
issued).  Bound in Handcrafted Mission Leather.  Quarto (11-
1/4").  Book VG: surface loss to lower 2" of spine leather, glue
from removed book plate verso front free end paper, back free end
paper torn out, number stamped on Intro page.  [DIGITAL JPEG
IMAGE (4.5) AVAILABLE PROMPTLY ON REQUEST].  1630A~.  US$50-

White, Trumbull~.  OUR NEW POSSESSIONS: Four Books in One; The
Philippine Islands, Puerto Rico, Cuba, & The Hawaiian Islands~.
Philadelphia PA, USA: Syndicate Publishing, no date (copyrighted
1898).  Keywords: Syndicate Publishing edition very, very hard to
find -- A Graphic Account, Descriptive and Historical, of the
Tropic Islands of the Sea Which Have Fallen Under Our Sway, Their
Cities, Peoples and Commerce, Natural Resources and the
Opportunities They Offer to Americans -- Special Chapters on
Tropical Cultivation, Sugar, Coffee, Etc. -- The Ladrones, The
Carolines & other island groups of the Pacific, & their
commercial relations -- elaborately illustrated with photos &
drawings from all countries included in the work -- History  -
Government & Politics -- Illustrated (photos)  - Military-War-Spy
-- Travel-Description-Exploration -- English language.  Later
printing.  Hardcover.  No DJ (none issued).  Publisher's full
pictorial cloth.  Octavo (9-5/8").  Book VG: moderate bumping &
rubbing to fore-corners & spine-top/bottom, spine faded, frontis
plate detached but present.  Binding strong & tight, insides o/w
Fine. [DIGITAL JPEG IMAGE (3.75) AVAILABLE PROMPTLY ON REQUEST].
1630B~.  US$60-

                Gerard Gormley Books
                COLLECTIBLE BOOKS -- USED & RARE
                7 Washington Street
                Manchester-by-the-Sea MA 01944-1528 (USA)
                TEL: 978-526-7351
               E-mail: gerard at shore.net
                http://www.shore.net/~gerard
Please note that my descriptions are brutally frank; if anything,
I want you pleasantly surprised by my books.  JPEG digital images
available on request.   I accept MasterCard, Visa, & Discover cards;
also checks & money orders, payable to Gerard Gormley Books, in
US funds drawn on US banks.  (I bill institutions.)  Full refund for
books returned in as-shipped condition within 2 weeks of ship-date;
if my fault, I also reimburse you for return postage.  I ship in 24 hours.
Shipment value $50 or less, weight  2 lb. or less: Priority $7 first book,
$3.50 each additional.  Media Mail $4 most books.  Over $50, preceding
plus insurance, quoted at order entry.  Shipping also quoted for books
over 2 lb. & foreign addresses.  Please email or telephone to hold.  I
hold books 10 days for collectors, 3 weeks for dealers.  I appreciate
your business & aim to satisfy you in every way.
         Incoming & outgoing mail is certified Virus Free
         by Norton System Works 2002.