[Rarebooks] A. Edward Newton

David Klappholz d.klappholz at worldnet.att.net
Mon Oct 11 16:21:16 EDT 2004

I'm always looking for interesting A. Edward Newton material:

-books and pamphlets inscribed to known book collectors or book sellers, or
individuals whom I can identify as "interesting."

-unusual ephemera, including:  prospectuses for books, whether AEN was
primary author or contributor;  announcements of Newton talks;  newspaper
clippings, etc.

-letters and ms material

-books from Newton's library, but they must either be identifiable as
having been in the Newton sale or as having belonged to Newton -- ownership
signature, notes in text, etc.;  bookplate alone isn't enough as many
circulated and were pasted into unrelated books.

I'm likely to already have seen anything posted on ABE.

Thanks
Dave