[Rarebooks] FS: The Art Book of Hand Marbled Papers

Isabel's Books mclcbooks at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 11 23:08:49 EDT 2005

For sale: a unique book of hand marbled papers

Harris, James H. The Art Book of Hand Marbeled (sic.) Papers. Quarter black cloth with marbled paper covered boards. 15x15 inches. In a simple slipcase. The book consists of 94 pages of hand marbling done with oil paint on black paper. Each page is unique, with different patterns on the front and rear of each page. The pattern sometimes continues on facing pages. The only text in the book is on the front and rear pastedowns, where Harris describes in length the process of designing the book:

“This art book of self expressive hand marbled paper is a volume of original, spectacular paintings collected together. . . . It is a unique, one-of-a-kind edition limited to only this single book . . . there is not another book like this one in the entire world. . . . It has been made completely by hand in India. . . . It has taken over two months to make this one book.”

Limited to 750 copies, of which this is number 14. It is doubtful that anywhere near 750 copies were ever produced, given the time needed to make each book. Neither RLIN nor OCLC shows a library owning the book. Nor are there any copies for sale online.  Statement of limitation signed by Harris. Fine in a Near Fine slipcase, with some minor wear to sides.  A beautiful book. It’s easy to get lost in the patterns.  $1200.00 postpaid.

Terms of sale:  All items are offered subject to prior sale.  Quoted shipping is media rate with insurance in the United States. For other methods of shipping, contact me for a price.  I accept payment by credit card (Discovery, Mastercard or Visa), cash, check, money order, or Paypal.  All items may be returned for any reason within 10 days of receipt.  If you do choose to return something, please pack it carefully and notify me before shipping.

Michael

Isabel's Books
mclcbooks at yahoo.com
http://www.abebooks.com/home/mclc/

Member, Independent Online Booksellers' Association (IOBA)
http://www.ioba.org